Also attending the meeting was Professor Segedy from
Minutes from Previous Meetings
L.D. Axsom motioned to accept the minutes from the
Floor Open for Public Comment
No public Comment.
There will be a supplemental meeting of the Parks Board to review the Tree Ordinance. This meeting will take place on Feb. 16th at in the Town Hall.
5 Year Master Plan
Professor Segedy discussed revisions to the Five Year Master Plan draft.
These revisions will be added to the
Draft. The Five Year master plan will then be approved by the Parks Board to be
forwarded to the Town Council for final approval by the Town of
2. The old elementary school properties will be deleted from the plan. The property has now been purchased by the private sector.
3. The little league diamonds near
the skate park and
4. Additional goals for improvements will be added to the Wishing Wells property. These goals include accessable trails, Picnic areas and shelters, and re-establishing the correct property line.
5. The goals and objectives outlined by the plan were questioned as to the origin and accuracy. The survey results were based on the questionaires and the Charet held in the Town Hall. These results will be recounted and verified. This will result in a final resolution of the Demand analysis and questions about usage. Currently results seem to contain contradictory information.
6. There will be a section to allow the Parks Board to assign priorities and keep track of progress.
7. Some additional recreation facillities were added to the document to reflect what is available in the local communities.
Another draft of the plan will be sent to the Parks Board. This plan will then need to be officially adopted following proper procedure. The plan will be presented to the public for the opportunity to give comment. The second phase will be for the Town Council to give final approval. The Master Plan will then serve as a blueprint for promoting items and prioritizing which tasks will be performed.
The plan can be amended following traditional rules. An ammendment is generated and presented to the town for approval/addition to the plan. The document is a live and flexible plan bult to serve as a guide and tool for the future of the parks in the town. As the town's needs change or alter so too can the parks five year master plan.
Other topics discussed were next phases of implementation and grant
writing. The possibility of hiring the County Parks Dept. or some other entity
to administer the master plan was discussed. The reason for this is to have a
knowledgable person experienced at grant writing and adminstration work with the parks board to
get funding and projects completed. A grant administrator must be certified by
the State of
Other resources to help Ellettsville begin utilizing the master plan were
discussed. Grant resources can be found on the free searchable web site from
Memorial Park - None
Basketball court - None
Budget - None
The meeting was moved to adjourn by Denise Knell and seconded by Jeff frownfelter. All members voted to adjourn, meeting adjourned at Motion carried 4-0